Operationalizing the Shingo Model: A 1/2 Day Virtual Workshop
Meets on Zoom; on August 1, from 1 PM to 5 PM Eastern Time
Many organizations have implemented lean techniques with limited success or worse. Why? We are fixated on a tools-only approach to drive results without an understanding of the environment that enables the tools to work in the first place. The environment can be summed up as culture. The Shingo Model presents a framework for how to create a company culture and a favorable environment for lean that leads to success.
This 4-hour workshop builds upon GBMP’s 2-hour Shingo Model Overview. Participants will learn how to properly align and message the Shingo Model within the context of a continuous improvement environment. Participants learn the importance of understanding and assessing the technical science (tools) as a framework for understanding and assessing the social science (culture). It’s at this point that participants grasp how the Shingo Model is used to strengthen and improve the connections between tools and culture.
· Why Does Improvement Plateau?
· Assessing Technical and Social Sciences of Lean
· The Shingo Model for Enterprise Excellence
· The 10 Guiding Principles of the Shingo Model
· Why Purpose Matters and Developing Your Purpose
· Shigeo Shingo’s Seven Stages of Improvement
· Defining Roles and Responsibilities
· How System Maps and A3s improve one system at a time
· How KBI’s drive sustainable KPI’s
· 10 Steps to Operationalizing the Shingo Model
· Q & A